First they defaced our landmarks, now they want to tear them down.
2/6/14: Download the most recent response from Stahl York Avenue.
1/9/14: Download correspondence from this winter between Stahl York Avenue and the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
11/12/13: Download yet another submission from Stahl York Avenue, in response to questions posed by the Landmarks Preservation Commission at the October public meeting.
10/10/13: Download the latest submission from Stahl York Avenue, in advance of a public meeting on Tuesday, October 29th.
2/21/13: Download Stahl York Avenue’s response to questions from the Landmarks Preservation Commission following last year’s hearing.
10/22/12: Download latest submission to the Landmarks Preservation Commission from Stahl York Avenue Co., LLC., including:
- Kramer Levin Letter
- Wolpert Letter
- 2012 Comparative Economic Feasibility Study
- Gleeds New Elevator Scheme
- Gleeds Market Rehab Scheme
7/1/11: Download the finalized submission to the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
Learn more about our ongoing fight to save these landmark buildings:
- Judge Rules Against Stahl in UES Demolition Case Against Landmarks Commission by Terence Cullen. Commercial Observer, January 14, 2016.
- Judge Rules Against Stahl in UES Landmarks Hardship Case by Evan Bindelglass. Curbed, January 14, 2016.
- Two Upper East Side tenement buildings will keep their landmark status, to developer’s and owner’s dismay by Barbara Ross. New York Daily News, January 12, 2016.
- Landlord Sues for Permission to Raze Landmarked Buildings by Jeremiah Budin. Curbed, September 26, 2014.
- Stahl Organization Sues Over Landmark Rentals by Adam Pincus. The Real Deal, September 25, 2014.
- A Cautious Victory for Yorkville Tenants by Megan Finnegan Bungeroth & Omar Crespo. Our Town, May 28, 2014.
- Landmarks Still Won’t Let Developer Raze UES Tenements by Staff. Curbed, May 21, 2014.
- Landmarks Denies Developer’s Upper East Side Demolition Plans by Al Barbarino. Commercial Observer, May 21, 2014.
- Landmarks Panel Votes to Protect 2 Upper East Side Tenements by Matt A.V. Chaban. New York Times, May 20, 2014.
- LPC Says Landlord Warehoused Units in Rejecting Demolition Bid by Lindsay Armstrong. DNAinfo, May 20, 2014.
- Landmark Status Could Block Luxury Tower Plans at Upper East Side Site by Matt A.V. Chaban. New York Times, May 20, 2014.
- UES Building Caught in Landmarks Fight Allowed to Deteriorate, Tenants Say by Lindsay Armstrong. DNAInfo, March 10, 2014.
- Landmarks Commission Slams Landlord’s Hardship Application by Jeremiah Budin. Curbed, October 30, 2013.
- Stahl’s Plan to Demolish a Landmark Might be Falling Apart by Jeremiah Budin. Curbed, June 12, 2013.
- UES Landlord and Preservation Group to Meet Before LPC Over Apartment Demolitions by Billy Gray. Commercial Observer, June 11, 2013.
- Fate of 2 historic UES tenements weighed by Matt Chaban. Crain’s, June 10, 2013.
- Landlord Seeks Demolition, Argues Buildings Aren’t Profitable by Hana R. Alberts. Curbed, June 10, 2013.
- Tenants fight Stahl plans to demolish their homes by Sarah Trefethen. Real Estate Weekly, February 9, 2012.
- Upper East Side Landlord’s $600 Rent Claim Disputed by Amy Zimmer. DNAinfo, January 24, 2012.
- New Spat Over Upper East Side Rent by Laura Kusisto. Wall Street Journal, January 24, 2012.
- Owner Of UES Landmarks Seeks Permission To Tear Them Down by Rebecca Spitz. New York 1, January 7, 2012.
- Landmarks Are Called a Hardship, Setting Off a Fight by Joseph Berger. The New York Times, April 20, 2011.
- York Ave. Tenants Fight Plan to “De-landmark” Building by Megan Finnegan. Our Town, April 13, 2011.
- Tenants Battle Landlord Over Fate of Landmarked Upper East Side Buildings by Amy Zimmer. DNAInfo, April 13, 2011.
- Court Upholds Landmark Status of City and Suburban First Avenue Estates by Robin Pogrebin. New York Times, June 25, 2010.
- For a Landmark Un-landmarked, a Bid to Undo the Undoing by Jake Mooney. New York Times, November 12, 2006.