A townhouse originally built in 1893-95, and altered in 1925 by Cas Gilbert. Application is to modify and existing rooftop addition.
CB8 Hearing: 07/15/13 (Approved)
LPC Hearing: 08/13/13 (Approved)
FRIENDS Testimony: The proposed modifications to the existing rooftop addition are visible but utilitarian. Standing-seam lead-coated copper cladding and multi-paned steel French doors are typical of rooftop additions in the area and are an improvement over the current condition. Although ideally it would be eliminated in its entirety, the new steel railing on top of the addition was also found to be an appropriate change. The Preservation Committee at FRIENDS therefore supports Commission approval of this application.