Although the federal case is over, Stahl continues to push on at the state level, and has filed an appeal to the New York State Appellate Division. FRIENDS has filed a second amicus curiae brief in support of the City, and we are thankful for the support of our fellow amici: Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, State Senator Liz Krueger, State Asssembly Member Rebecca Seawright, City Council Member Benjamin Kallos, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the Preservation League of New York State, the Municipal Art Society, the New York Landmarks Conservancy, the Historic Districts Council, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation, Landmark West!, and Friends of the First Avenue Estate.
- Check out FRIENDS’ Summer Events!
- Advocacy Alert: New York State Tries AGAIN to Remove Building Density Cap
- Development Alert: First Avenue
- Advocacy update: Inter-building Void at 62nd Street Periscope Tower Endorsed by DOB
- LANDMARK WEST! presents: The Girl on the Velvet Swing: The Murder of Stanford White and NYC in the Gilded Age
CONNECT WITH US