2018 ANNUAL AWARDS
Call for Entries
– Deadline Monday, January 8th –
This spring, FRIENDS of the Upper East Side Historic Districts will celebrate outstanding achievement in preservation, architecture, and advocacy on the Upper East Side during our 35th Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony.
The award categories are flexible and can vary each year. Among other areas of accomplishment, previous winners have demonstrated excellence in Restoration, Rehabilitation, Design, and Stewardship. Individuals and advocacy groups who have displayed extraordinary achievement in the field of preservation are also eligible. FRIENDS seeks nominations for both architecture and advocacy. The awards committee will consider all submissions, large and small, that have furthered the cause of maintaining the special sense of place of the Upper East Side.
Please read our eligibility requirements below and submit nominations by January 8, 2018.
- Projects must be located between 59th and 110th Streets, and between 5th Avenue and the East River, including Central Park.
- Projects must have been substantially completed between December 1, 2016 and December 1, 2017.
- Only the exteriors of architectural projects and/or historically significant interiors will be considered.
- Preservation projects should be for restoration, rehabilitation, or adaptive re-use of historic buildings (including Post World War II architecture). The buildings may be located either in or out of the historic districts.
- New construction is also eligible.
- Individuals or advocacy groups must have contributed to the preservation of the Upper East Side’s built environment.