- Community groups launch lawsuit to block in-progress Upper East Side tower, by Joe Anuta, Crain’s New York Business, February 9, 2018.
- Upper East Side residents sue over 524-foot-tall development, by Sarina Trangle, AMNY, February 8, 2017.
- City Wants to Cut Down Supertalls by Joe Anuta, Crain’s New York Business, February 7, 2018.
- Park or Playground? Semantics Dispute Illuminates Preservationists’ Fight, by Vivian Wang, New York Times, January 1, 2018.
- Water Under the Bridge: City Planning Commission OKs Halted 200 Water St. Arcade Plan, by Bill Egbert, Downtown Express, December 28, 2017.
- Upper East Siders Challenge NYC’s Latest ‘Building on Stilts,’ by Tanay Warerkar, Curbed, December 1, 2017.
- Bid to Lid High-Rise Heights, by Douglas Feiden, Our Town, November 1, 2017.
- Unfriending mega-development on the UES by Razi Syed, Our Town, May 15, 2017.
- Yorkville, the Next Frontier for Preservation by John Aurelio, This East Side, May 9, 2017.
- Upper East Side Wood Framed Home Landmarked After 50 Years on Waiting List by Shaye Weaver, DNAinfo, December 14, 2016.
- Judge Rules Against Stahl in UES Demolition Case Against Landmarks Commission by Terence Cullen. Commercial Oberserver, January 14, 2016.
- Two Upper East Side tenement buildings will keep their landmark status, to developer’s and owner’s dismay by Barbara Ross. New York Daily News, January 12, 2016.
- Learn the History of Yorkville’s Brewing Scene and Taste Craft Beers on UES by Shaye Weaver. DNAinfo, November 25, 2015.
- Mom-And-Pop Shops, Affordable Housing Threatened by Development: UES Group by Shaye Weaver. DNAinfo, October 19, 2015.
- New York City Moves to Ease Landmark Backlog by Josh Barbanel. Wall Street Journal, June 18, 2015.
- Whitney’s Departure Leaves a Void on Madison Avenue by Joe Anuta. Crain’s, May 27, 2015.
- The Destruction of Penn Station Led to the Landmarks Preservation Movement. But Was the Old Structure Worth Saving After All? by Jim Epstein. Reason.com, April 19, 2015.
- Celebrating 50 Years of New York’s Landmarks Law (at a Landmark, of Course) by James Barron. The New York Times, April 16, 2015.
- Alternatives for the Frick by Tara Kelly. Crain’s New York Business, January 18, 2015.
- Letter: Against the Frick Move by Tara Kelly. Our Town, December 25, 2014.
- Rebuilding a Block to Greet the Met Museum by Ronda Kaysen. The New York Times, December 23, 2014.
- Even Rudy Giuliani Couldn’t Stop An Addition to His Building by Evan Bindelglass. Curbed, December 10, 2014.
- New York City Landmarks Panel’s Move Upsets Supporters—and Critics by Josh Barbanel. The Wall Street Journal, December 9, 2014.
- Opponents Lambast Plan to Replace Parts of Park Ave. Church by Evan Bindelglass. Curbed, October 22, 2014.
- A New Era for a Gilded Jewel by Gabrielle Alfiero. Our Town, July 17, 2014.
- Landmarks Still Won’t Let Developer Raze UES Tenements by Staff. Curbed, May 21, 2014.
- Landmarks Denies Developer’s Upper East Side Demolition Plans by Al Barbarino. Commercial Observer, May 21, 2014.
- Landmark Status Could Block Luxury Tower Plans at Upper East Side Site by Matt A.V. Chaban. New York Times, May 20, 2014.
- Upper Park Avenue Designated a Historic District by Lindsay Armstrong. DNAinfo, April 30, 2014.
- Making Preservation a Priority by Tara Kelly. Our Town, March 27, 2014.
- Red-Brick Remnant of Manhattan’s Brewing Past Is Unearthed, Only to Vanish by David W. Dunlap. New York Times, March 26, 2014.
- City to Consider Landmarking UES Parking Garage by Lindsay Armstrong. DNAinfo, March 20, 2014.
- The Demolition Controversy at New York’s MOMA: Drawing Future Lessons by Paul Gunther. The Huffington Post, January 23, 2014.
- Brownstones adjacent to the Whitney Museum are being turned into condos suitable for framing by Matt Chaban. New York Daily News, January 17, 2014.
- Stahl’s Plan to Demolish a Landmark Might be Falling Apart by Jeremiah Budin. Curbed, June 12, 2013.
- UES Landlord and Preservation Group to Meet Before LPC Over Apartment Demolitions by Billy Gray. Commercial Observer, June 11, 2013.
- Fate of 2 historic UES tenements weighed by Matt Chaban. Crain’s, June 10, 2013.
- Landlord Seeks Demolition, Argues Buildings Aren’t Profitable by Hana R. Alberts. Curbed, June 10, 2013.
- 14 Penn Designers Win Award for 1920s Lobby Restoration by Alan Neuhauser. DNAinfo, April 30, 2013.
- Hitting new heights by David Kaufman. Financial Times, April 26, 2013.
- Rudin Recognized for Building Transformation by REW Staff. Real Estate Weekly, April 10, 2013.
- What a Wood House is Worth by Josh Barbanel. Wall Street Journal, January 31, 2013.
- In Search of Yorkville’s Hidden Gems by Paul Bisceglio. Our Town, November 21, 2012.
- Saving Historic Park Avenue by Megan Finnegan Bungeroth. Our Town, May 2, 2012.
- Townhouse Makes a Splash, Top to Bottom by Josh Barbanel. Wall Street Journal, April 25, 2012.
- Even in a Prime Neighborhood, Some Forlorn Vacancies by Elizabeth Harris. The New York Times, April 23, 2012.
- Former Barbizon Hotel for Famous Single Ladies Wins Landmark Status by Amy Zimmer. DNAinfo, April 18, 2012.
- Landmarking Yorkville’s German Past by Megan Finnegan Bungeroth. Our Town, April 11, 2012.
- With FRIENDS Like These, the Neighborhood’s History is Protected by Ashley Welch. Our Town, March 29, 2012.
- Teaching the Neighborhoods Next Generation of Preservationists by Laura Shin. Our Town, March 29, 2012.
- Yorkville Looks to Landmark a Piece of its German Immigrant History by Amy Zimmer. DNAInfo, March 28, 2012.
- Tenants fight Stahl plans to demolish their homes by Sarah Trefethen. Real Estate Weekly, February 9, 2012.
- Upper East Side Landlord’s $600 Rent Claim Disputed by Amy Zimmer. DNAinfo, January 24, 2012.
- New Spat Over Upper East Side Rent by Laura Kusisto. Wall Street Journal, January 24, 2012.
- Owner Of UES Landmarks Seeks Permission To Tear Them Down by Rebecca Spitz. New York 1, January 7, 2012.
- Where 1 +1 Equals a Roomy 25 Feet by Josh Barbanel. Wall Street Journal, December 15, 2011.
- Supporters Argue for Former Barbizon Hotel to Become Landmark by Olivia Scheck. DNAinfo, July 26, 2011
- Barbizon, New York Could Achieve Landmark Status by Allison Halliday. Realty Biz News, July 25, 2011
- City considers landmarking Barbizon 63. The Real Deal Online, July 22, 2011.
- Landmark Status Weighed for Barbizon by Sarah Kershaw. The New York Times, July 22, 2011.
- Fancy UES Women’s Hotel Now on Landmarking Docket by Kelsey Keith. Curbed NY, July 13, 2011.
- Hotel Once Home to Famous Single Ladies Could Become Landmark by Amy Zimmer. DNAinfo, July 13, 2011.
- Group Fighting to Landmark the Barbizon Hotel by Jen Carlson. Gothamist, July 13, 2011.
- Landmarks Are Called a Hardship, Setting Off a Fight by Joseph Berger. The New York Times, April 20, 2011.
- York Ave. Tenants Fight Plan to “De-landmark” Building by Megan Finnegan. Our Town, April 13, 2011.
- Tenants Battle Landlord Over Fate of Landmarked Upper East Side Buildings by Amy Zimmer. DNAInfo, April 13, 2011.
- Trevor Davis, surrounded by lenders, digs in by David Jones. The Real Deal Online, February 01, 2011.
- FRIENDS of the UES Awarded Grant by Sharon Elizabeth Samuel. Our Town, November 23, 2010.
- Gallery of Blueprints: A Fresh Battle Looms Next Door to the Whitney by Zeke Turner. The New York Observer Real Estate, November 22, 2010.
- Eight NYC preservation projects selected for National Trust grants. The Real Deal Online, November 11, 2010.
- Commission Order to Guggenheim: Hot Dogs, Hold the Kiosk by Robin Pogrebin. The New York Times, Art & Design, October 20, 2010.
- Upper East Side Historic District to Expand by Dan Rivoli. Our Town, June 10, 2010.
- Brearley School makes three-building buy by Amy Tennery. The Real Deal Online, May 26, 2010.
- The Upper East Side Historic District: The Impossible Becomes the Inevitable by Anthony C. Wood. Landmarks 45, May 19, 2010.
- Upper East Side Historic District Expanded Along Lexington Avenue by Nicole Breskin and Gabriela Resto-Montero. DNAInfo, March 24, 2010.
- Landmarks commission approves two extensions of Upper East Side Historic District by Carter B. Horsley. City Realty, March 23, 2010.
- Historic District Would Protect Site by Dan Rivoli. Our Town, December 3, 2009.
- Davis hit with $17M suit at Kean site by David Jones. The Real Deal Online, November 18, 2009.
- Landmarks Commission considers extensions of SoHo and Upper East Side districts by Carter B. Horsley. City Realty, October 28, 2009.
- A Shopping District That Takes You Back in Time by Joseph Berger. The New York Times, June 26, 2009.
- It’s On! City Moves to Extend Historic Districts on Upper East Side, Greenwich Village by Eliot Brown. New York Observer, June 23, 2009.
- A ‘Landmark’ Bill by Dan Rivoli. Our Town, June 17, 2009.
- Landmarks Commission Moves to Designate Lexington Avenue; Landlord Lobby Uneasy, Activists Ready the Champagne by Bonnie Kavoussi. New York Observer, June 16, 2009.
- A Brutalist Concrete Design Gives Way To Red Brick” by David W. Dunlap. New York Times, December 4, 2008.
- Preservation and Development, Engaged in a Delicate Dance by Robin Pogrebin. The New York Times, December 1, 2008.
- Houses of Worship Choosing to Avoid Landmark Status by Robin Pogrebin. The New York Times, November 30, 2008.
- Preservationists See Bulldozers Charging Through a Loophole by Robin Pogrebin. The New York Times. November 28, 2008.
- An Opaque and Lengthy Road to Landmark Status by Robin Pogrebin. The New York Times, November 25, 2008.
- The Disappearing City by Peter Blauner. Our Town, November 13, 2008.
- Neighborhood Watch: Ambassador Liz by Lauren Collins. The New Yorker, October 6, 2008.
- Board 8: Thumbs Up To Lex Preservation: Concern That Kean House Project Will Lead To More Area Development by Dan Rivoli. Our Town, September 25, 2008.
- As Towers Loom, a Hoped-for Line in the Sand by Gregory Beyer. The New York Times, August 15, 2008.
- Upper East Side Landmark Area Expansion Eyed by Peter Kiefer. The New York Sun, July 23, 2008.
- Kean Residence Rejected as Landmark by Patty Lee. Our Town, July 17, 2008.
- Upper East Side Tower Plan Significantly Scaled Back by Peter Kieffer. The New York Sun, June 17, 2008.
- Landmarks Panel May End East Side Clash, by Peter Kieffer. The New York Sun, March 4, 2008.
- In the Mansion Land of the Fifth Avenoodlers by John Strausbaugh. The New York Times, December 14, 2007.
- A decorating dilemma at Guggenheim Museum by Karen Schuster. October 17, 2007.
- ‘New Preservationists’ Make Their Mark on the City by Gabrielle Birkner. The New York Sun, May 2, 2007.
- White Bricks and Pale Imitations by Jake Mooney. The New York Times, April 15, 2007.
- Vote on Landmark Status Set for Manhattan House by Gary Shapiro. The New York Sun, January 29, 2007.
- NYC Explosion Destroys 1880s Brownstone with Covert WWII Ties by Kim A. O’Connell. Preservation Online, July 13, 2006.
- Next Door to Protected Elegance, Lexington Avenue Urges, ‘Me Too’ by John Freeman Gill. Wired New York, July 9, 2006.
- Upper East Side Historic District Awards by Gary Shapiro. The New York Sun, February 6. 2006.
- Manhattan to bid adieu to a moviehouse icon by Randee Dawn. Entertainment News Wire, June 21, 2005.
- So a Mainstay Hospital Can Expand, a Signature Theater Will Go Dark by John Freeman Gill. The New York Times, June 5, 2005.
- Mormon Chapel Planned for East 87th by David W. Dunlap. The New York Times, August 17, 2003.
- Into the Pool on East 73rd by Lauren A. Elkies. Our Town, June 26, 2003.
- Alexander Calder Design is Restored by Rosalie R. Radomsky. The New York Times. September 1, 2002.
- Friends Indeed: Preserving the Upper East Side by Nicole Laporte. The Cooperator, August, 2002.
- Neighborhood Report: New York Modernism; A Campaign to Honor Buildings Some Love to Hate by Erika Kinetz. The New York Times, June 9, 2002.
- Museums, Mansions, and Millionaires: Life in Manhattan’s Carnegie Hill by Lisa Iannucci. The Cooperator, June 2002.
- Planning a Nest of Concrete for a Landmark Flight by David W. Dunlap. The New York Times, August 14, 2001.
- Modern Preservation: It’s Still All About Form and Function by Anthony Vidler. The New York Times. August 12, 2001.
- N.Y. Life Could get $600 M. For Big Manhattan House by Michael Calderone. New York Observer.
- Blue Brick Building Brawl: Lovely Eyesore in Makeover by Gabriel Sherman. NY Observer.
For press inquiries contact: Rachel Levy, 212-535-2526 or email@example.com