At a recent Town Hall Meeting with Mayor de Blasio, sponsored by Council Member Ben Kallos, FRIENDS raised the issue of zoning loopholes. In response, Mayor de Blasio thanked FRIENDS for shining a light on the issue and emphasized the role of community organizations in highlighting specific challenges. The Chair of the City Planning Commission, Marisa Lago, reiterated her thanks to FRIENDS and stated that work is already underway to ensure that the intent of zoning rules is followed. Click on the link below for the full response.
- Check out FRIENDS’ Summer Events!
- Advocacy Alert: New York State Tries AGAIN to Remove Building Density Cap
- Development Alert: First Avenue
- Advocacy update: Inter-building Void at 62nd Street Periscope Tower Endorsed by DOB
- LANDMARK WEST! presents: The Girl on the Velvet Swing: The Murder of Stanford White and NYC in the Gilded Age
CONNECT WITH US